Twin Oaks Estate is a Fully Furnished Office Building
In the halcyon days that preceded the crash of 1929, life was lived on a grand scale by those made wealthy by the industrial revolution. Akron’s rubber industry spawned several industrial barons whose lavish lifestyle rivaled that of the Great Gatsby. One of these industrial giants was Stacey G. Carkhuff, Secretary of Firestone Tire and Rubber Company from 1905 to 1943. Twin Oaks Estates was home to him and his family.
The home was designed by the prominent New York architectural firm of Alexander Trowbridge and Frederick L. Ackerman. The two story 30 room Georgian revival home was built in 1917. The four-car garage was specially built to accommodate the family’s new Packard Phaeton. It is not clear when the Carcuff’s sold the home, but for many years afterwards it was the office of the Firestone Foundation. After that it was converted to offices for an advertising firm followed by the offices of Oldham and Oldham law firm.
In 2004 the building was purchased by the owners of Sovereign Chemical Company during which extensive restoration and interior decorating were completed in early 2005. Sovereign Chemical Company called the Estate home until June of 2017.
Driveway, Indoor, On Site, Outside, Private
Gas, Geothermal, Hot Water, Steam
Street Sotheby's International Realty
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange program of YES-MLS. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Platinum Real Estate are marked with the Internet Data Exchange logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing broker(s). IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Copyright© 2020 YES-MLS. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on April 9th, 2020 at 7:00am EDT.